The elder abuse hotline runs round the clock in Los Angeles County. Twenty four hours a day, a social worker is available to take incoming complaints of abuse and neglect of elderly and dependent adults.
But not, apparently, if the abusing party is a conservator. During a call to APS last Thursday, a complaint was made that a local conservator was neglecting and medically abusing one of her wards in Pomona, California. The worker refused to accept the complaint, stating that APS does not take complaints of conservator abuse. The call was then transferred to the supervisor, Alejandro, who stated that the Welfare and Institutions Code blocks Adult Protective Services from following up on complaints of conservator abuse. Alejandro was unable to provide the relevant WIC and promised to call back after researching it. He did not…..
- Enter Adult Protective Services. (dealingwithdementia.wordpress.com)
- Speaker at elderly abuse conference says many perpetrators are family members (mywesttexas.com)
- Report: Rate Of OC Elder Abuse Skyrockets In ‘Perfect Storm’ (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- Event Draws Attention to Elder Abuse (wytv.com)
- Shumlin vetoes bill to keep eye on Adult Protective Services (vttoday.com)
- Kansas Welfare Officials Take On Elder Abuse (kake.com)
- Is your elderly loved one abused? Caregivers the most common perpetrators (bangordailynews.com)
- Survey: Experts Say Elder Financial Abuse Getting Worse (aarp.org)
- Watch out for warning signs of elder abuse (bangordailynews.com)
The former judge at the heart of a four-year federal investigation of judicial corruption told jurors on Thursday that he accepted kickbacks from several attorney friends, including the South Texas lawyer on trial.
Click on above link to read more…
Reblogged from NASGA
- Judge to testify in lawyer’s corruption trial (click2houston.com)
- Testimony continues in lawyer’s corruption trial (click2houston.com)
- Jury Views Alleged Check Used To Bribe A Judge (houston.cbslocal.com)
- Sandusky at courthouse for child sex-abuse trial (kens5.com)
- Jurors hear tapes of former judge taking kickbacks (mysanantonio.com)
- Sandusky Hears Victim 4 Testify to Years of… – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)
- Former judge Abel Limas testifies at attorney’s racketeering trial (valleycentral.com)