Gary Harvey is an American citizen who fought in the Vietnam War. He was one of the lucky ones who did not end up as a POW in an enemy camp as a prisoner, as so many of our young American soldiers did. Instead, Gary returned home to America, the land of the free. Or so he thought. In 2006, Gary suffered a heart attack and fell down the stairs and suffered a traumatic brain injury. He has been a prisoner of Chemung County for the past six years, where an attempt was made to end his life and where his wife Sara has repeatedly reported the inadequate care he has received. In addition to all of this abuse, Sara is only allowed to visit her husband for a few hours per week and only when a guard is in the room with her. Guardianship abuse is one of the worst abuses one human being can inflict on another and in this case, it just goes on and on.
Bobby Schindler, brother of the late Terry Schiavo, has now petitioned the court for guardianship of Gary. If this happens, Gary will finally be free to receive the second opinion and rehabilitative care he has been denied.
- Schiavo’s Brother Petitions Court to Intervene in Guardianship Case (americanclarion.com)
- Schiavo’s Brother Petitions Court to Intervene in Guardianship Case (ppjg.me)
- The Dictators of Non-Compassion: Gary Harvey Case and the Unexpected Twist (americanclarion.com)
- Terri’s Press Release: (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)
- Chemung County & St. Joseph Hospital: Thanksgiving & Compassion? (americanclarion.com)
- Brain injured man at centre of legal battle over whether to remove feeding tubes (vancouversun.com)
For those of you who are not familiar with the case of Gary Harvey, Gary is a veteran who suffered an accident in his home which resulted in a head injury. He has since been under the abusive guardianship of Chemung County. The following article details everything that has transpired since that time.
“Follow the money” and you will see why Chemung County refuses to let go of their stranglehold on this man, and why they are refusing to allow his wife, Sara, to take care of him at home.
As you read this, the obvious shenanigans of politics and the good ol’ boys club are glaringly obvious, not to mention all of the laws that have been broken. However, those who have broken the law are not being held accountable. Why not?
The government programs and agencies that have been put in place by our politicians to protect the elderly and disabled are just fluff. They only work for a certain few; they do not work when there is an opportunity for judges and lawyers and nursing homes and hospitals to obtain millions of dollars in government funds at the expense of the individual and their loved ones.
The horrific nightmare that is the life of Sara and Gary Harvey could happen to any one of us or our loved ones at any time. It is time to take a stand and do something about it. After all, America is the land of the free…or is it?
click on the above link to read more….
“My husband a veteran who served his country and fought for our freedom is being denied his.” – Sara Harvey
Sara and Gary Harvey before tragedy struck.
(HORSEHEADS, NY) – The following is information is a lengthy legal document that reveals the frustrating story of an American who has been denied the opportunity to live a healthy life due to decisions that he had nothing to do with.
We have written about Gary Harvey in the past and the efforts of his brave wife Sara and team of supporters trying to bring him justice.
- New York Woman Continues Fight to Bring Veteran Husband Home — From Local Catholic Hospital (prweb.com)
- The Case Of Gary Harvey: An Unsolved Mystery (notega.org)
- I’m Sick of the Gary & Sara Harvey Case – Time to Move On (americanclarion.com)
- American Clarion Week in Review, Ending Jun. 30, 2012 (americanclarion.com)
- Multiple Death Investigation in Chemung (wbng.com)
- TS Radio with guest Sara Harvey/An update on the predatory guardianship of Gary Harvey (ppjg.me)