Against Her Will
A cautionary tale of elder abuse and the system that perpetuates it. Two years ago John Wyman‘s mother Carol walked out of a nursing home in Rockford, Illinois. She had been placed there for the convenience of others, not for her own well-being and had suffered mentally, physically and emotionally. When she ended up at John’s home outside of Aspen, Colorado his journey began. Hairdresser by trade, rebel at heart, John took on the challenges of dealing with nursing homes, courts and family members to provide the best possible situation for his mother. What he experienced woke him up to the inequities and injustices lurking in the systems which have been established to help our older population. He decided to share his story to make us all aware of the catastrophic possibilities that lie in wait if we don’t take action to change these systems. A must read for all who may become old.
- Elderly Financial Abuse, Two Employees Arrested at Liberty Village Nursing Home Munice IN (chicagonursinghomelawyerblawg.com)
- Nursing home abuse and neglect targeted by task force (thestar.com)
- Elder Abuse Epidemic (wheresmytbackandotherstories.wordpress.com)
- Nursing Home Drug Problems (cynthialeonarddotme.wordpress.com)
- Elder Abuse Checklist (larkkirkwood.wordpress.com)