Gisela Riordan’s eighty-fourth birthday was April 27. To celebrate the day, she was allowed a one-hour supervised visit with her son, Marcus Riordan.
Gisela was not convicted of a crime. She was not in prison. Gisela lives at Villa Fontana, a residential care facility in San Jose, CA.
Villa Fontana allowed Gisela allowed only three visits with Marcus in the past two years. The previous visit a year ago lasted just a few minutes, Marcus said…..
Another horrific story of elder abuse at the hands of an abusive guardian….
- Villa Fontana under investigation for neglect and elder abuse (examiner.com)
- Shameful elder abuse and neglect at Villa Fontana in San Jose, CA (examiner.com)
- TS Radio with guest Linda Kincaid/ Guardianship abuse in California (ppjg.me)
- Santa Clara County public guardian allows mom a 15-minute Mother’s Day visit (examiner.com)
- ConsumerWatch: Elder Financial Abuse Skyrocketing (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- Signs of elder abuse (larkkirkwood.wordpress.com)
- Looking Out for Elder Abuse (larkkirkwood.wordpress.com)
- ‘Silent Crime’ — Defrauding Elders Grows in Ethnic Communities (newamericamedia.org)