“Justice! We want justice! Free our grandmother! We want to take care of her!”
About 16 protesters outside the Whitfield County Courthouse Monday afternoon shouted and held signs to call attention to what they said was an unfair decision that resulted in an elderly family member being moved against her will into an assisted living facility.
Pam Akins said her mother-in-law, who is an Alzheimer’s patient, and the mother-in-law’s husband had lived with her and her husband, Marty, since October in their Dalton home. The Akins said caregivers sat with the older couple during the day when family members weren’t at home to watch them. Then other family members decided the woman would be better off in a nursing home, Akins said.
According to Akins, Probate Judge Sheri Blevins granted rights to those family members who have since placed the woman in professional care. That decision is under appeal.
- Analysis of Assisted Living Market Proves (scstuffblog.com)
- Jury finds Emeritus liable for wrongful death of elderly woman at their facility (sacbee.com)
Mary Garofalo does an excellent job reporting the abusive guardianship of the elderly. Here is a geriatric care manager, Sam Rausmann, who was the abusive guardian of Esta Varrone. He locked her up in a nursing home and locked her out of her apartment! Esta told this reporter that Sam refused to allow her to have her bras, underwear and winter coat. This is the same thing that happened to my Mom. She was not allowed to have her own underwear or winter coat. What is the reason for this??
In Mom’s case, geriatric “care” manager Anne Recht of AMRecht Assoc in Plainview, NY, billed Mom thousands of dollars for pouring her meds in addition to other charges……and recommended to Judge Joel Asarch that Mom live in an assisted living facility and a nursing home, despite the fact that Mom emphatically told her she did not want to go. What kind of geriatric “care” manager would do that to an elderly person that they are supposed to care about? This new business, in my opinion, is just another way to steal money from the elderly.
- BREAKING NEWS!! Another Victim of Franchina and Giordano, PC (judicialdestructionofdorothy.wordpress.com)
- State denies forcing disabled kids into nursing homes (miamiherald.com)
- Nanny state and PR (reidivinsmedia.wordpress.com)
The 78-year-old woman moved into the assisted living home last October, after a bad fall.
One month later, Pauline Balseiro gave away her north Phoenix house to the owner of that assisted living home. Within two months, police say the owner, Maria Barbu, forged two $2,500 checks from the older woman’s accounts, payable to her business.
But first, she wants the elderly woman to pay her for work she had done after taking over the house.
“It would be unjust …,” Barbu’s attorney wrote in court documents, “to allow (Pauline) to obtain the premises without payment for the renovations that (the Barbus) paid for with their personal funds.”
Shocked?? Click on the above link to read more…..
- Assisted Living Dementia (allthingsdementia.com)
- The Extreme Elderly Suffer Nearly Two-Thirds Of American Osteoporotic Hip Fractures (medicalnewstoday.com)
- States Where Elder Care Is Sky High (247wallst.com)
- The Elder Law Crash Course: For Anyone Concerned With the High Costs of Health Care and Long-Term Care for the Elderly or Disabled (prweb.com)
- Edgemont losing assisted living center and clinic (rapidcityjournal.com)
- Why Caring for Elderly Parents May Affect Your Retirement (countrybydesign.wordpress.com)
- Adjusting to Life in Assisted Living Facilities (everydayhealth.com)