Mickey Rooney Stepson Settles Elder Abuse Suit FOR MILLIONS
Christopher Aber and his wife, Christina, have just settled with Mickey’s conservators, after allegations they
played funny with Mickey’s money. There were also allegations the couple deprived Mickey of food, meds, and even blocked him from leaving his
So now Christopher and Christina — who have declared bankruptcy — have folded. So how, you ask, can Mickey get $2.8 mil? Well under the settlement, Christopher and Christina have a homeowner’s insurance policy that arguably covers this type of wrongdoing. So Mickey’s lawyers think they can use the settlement to go after the insurance company and get their dough.
Here’s the rub. The insurance company has already made it clear … it’s not paying anything because the alleged abuses were intentional, and that’s not covered under the policy.
So Mickey’s lawyers are now going to sue the insurance company and demand not only the $2.8 mil but also punitive damages for bad faith
denial of coverage.
- Mickey Rooney’s Stepson SETTLES Elder Abuse Suit for MILLIONS (tmz.com)
- Mickey Rooney’s Stepson Declared Bankrupt Amid Elder Abuse Dispute (contactmusic.com)
- Mickey Rooney’s Elder Abuse Issues (lawprofessors.typepad.com)
- Rooney and His Conservator File Second Elder Abuse Claim Against Rooney’s Family (lawprofessors.typepad.com)
- Court Hears Mickey Rooney Elder Abuse Case (lawprofessors.typepad.com)
- Mickey Rooney’s stepson accused of abusing actor (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Mickey Rooney film topic of Clinton Township elder abuse seminar (macombdaily.com)
Posted on October 21, 2013, in GUARDIANSHIP ABUSE and tagged Actor, Christina, elder abuse, Home insurance, Insurance, Mickey, Mickey Rooney, United States Congress. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.