Case continues involving guardianship of brain-injured man
Gary Harvey is an American citizen who fought in the Vietnam War. He was one of the lucky ones who did not end up as a POW in an enemy camp as a prisoner, as so many of our young American soldiers did. Instead, Gary returned home to America, the land of the free. Or so he thought. In 2006, Gary suffered a heart attack and fell down the stairs and suffered a traumatic brain injury. He has been a prisoner of Chemung County for the past six years, where an attempt was made to end his life and where his wife Sara has repeatedly reported the inadequate care he has received. In addition to all of this abuse, Sara is only allowed to visit her husband for a few hours per week and only when a guard is in the room with her. Guardianship abuse is one of the worst abuses one human being can inflict on another and in this case, it just goes on and on.
Bobby Schindler, brother of the late Terry Schiavo, has now petitioned the court for guardianship of Gary. If this happens, Gary will finally be free to receive the second opinion and rehabilitative care he has been denied.
- Schiavo’s Brother Petitions Court to Intervene in Guardianship Case (americanclarion.com)
- Schiavo’s Brother Petitions Court to Intervene in Guardianship Case (ppjg.me)
- The Dictators of Non-Compassion: Gary Harvey Case and the Unexpected Twist (americanclarion.com)
- Terri’s Press Release: (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)
- Chemung County & St. Joseph Hospital: Thanksgiving & Compassion? (americanclarion.com)
- Brain injured man at centre of legal battle over whether to remove feeding tubes (vancouversun.com)
Posted on January 4, 2013, in GUARDIANSHIP ABUSE, Lawless America and tagged Chemung County, Chemung County New York, Gary, Gary Harvey, New York, Sara, Traumatic brain injury, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.