How to Avoid Fights Over Inheritance
Experts say a will alone is insufficient to prevent family squabbles
July 17, 2012
The situation seems simple enough: The woman has a legal document in place—a will—that contains specifics on how she wants her estate to be passed along to her children. But according to estate-planning experts, this woman’s death could kick off a long and expensive legal process that often turns ugly. Fights over inheritance can cause rifts in families that are sometimes impossible to heal, these experts say.
Click on link above to read more…..
- How to Avoid Fights Over Inheritance (money.usnews.com)
- Is Your Estate Plan as Detailed as Your Vacation Plans? (lawprofessors.typepad.com)
- 5 Common Estate-Planning Mistakes When Getting Divorced (blogs.lawyers.com)
- Estate Planning | eLocal (elocallawyers.com)
- Estate Planning (moneymanager.com)
- Estate Planning Lessons from Whitney Houston’s Legacy: (pattidudek.typepad.com)
- Estate Planning Is Essential While Still Competent (boston.cbslocal.com)
- More Horror Stories (lawprofessors.typepad.com)
- Writing a will can be as fun as pulling teeth (business.financialpost.com)
Posted on July 18, 2012, in GUARDIANSHIP ABUSE and tagged Estate planning, Estate Planning and Probate, July 17 2012, Law, Lawyers and Law Firms, Legal instrument, Power of attorney, Services. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.