Locked Up and Sedated
Elderly patients with dementia are being illegally locked in their rooms and sedated in hospitals and care homes, a report warns.
Staff are routinely flouting official guidelines
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1366688/Locked-sedated-Dementia-patients-denied-basic-rights-says-damning-report.html#ixzz1wwMDrcCS
- MindStart Products Keep People with Dementia Active (prweb.com)
- David Cameron to announce dementia research to stop ‘chemical cosh’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Art Therapy for Alzheimer’s and Dementia (everydayhealth.com)
- Take Part In Alzheimer’s Disease International Survey… Let Your voice Be Heard! (alzheimersspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Dementia (everydayhealth.com)
- How singing helps people with dementia (agescotland.wordpress.com)
- You say Alzheimer’s, I say Dementia. (dealingwithdementia.wordpress.com)
- Depression Heightens Dementia Risk in People with Diabetes (alzinfo.org)
Posted on June 5, 2012, in GUARDIANSHIP ABUSE and tagged American Society of Anesthesiologists, Colonoscopy, Conditions and Diseases, Dementia, Dentistry, Health, Human rights, Neurological Disorders, Sedation, United States. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.